Be Sure And Click On Older Posts On The Bottom Of The Page To List More Restaurants

Los Cubanos

Read & Write Reviews

22 N Almaden Ave
San Jose, CA, 95110
(408) 279-0134
www.loscubanosrestaurant.com
Map It
Menu

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Been to Los Cubanos? Please tell us your thoughts.

Jeff said...

I went to dinner last night at Los Cubanos in San Jose. We were going to a Sharks game, and its a few blocks from HP Pavillion so I figured this would be a good place to go get some food beforehand. The lady who greeted us was really friendly. Pretty sure she is probably the owner. After we were seated they stopped by to take our drink order, at which time we ordered a pitcher of their sangria ($25.00) It was pretty tasty, although I do prefer mine a bit colder typically. I then ordered the Lechon Asado ($16.50) which came with some black beans, rice, and fried plantains. The pork was pretty tasty. Really tender, and the sauce was good too. There was just something lacking in the dish that would make me just call it good, not great. The beans were beans, the rice was rice, but the plantains were very good. My wife ordered the Fricase De Pollo ($15.95), which was a sort of chicken stew which she said was just OK. Kind of lacking flavor. In all, the place was a bit of a dissapointment as I have been trying to find good Cuban food ever since going to Florida about 10 years ago and getting hooked. I wouldnt call the food terrible, but for the price I was expecting a bit more. Looks like the search continues.

Quality of food = 7
Service = 8
Value = 5
Cleanliness = 8

Avg cost per person - $30 with tip