I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium today, and for dinner went to Monterey's Fish House. Let me just say it was the best meal I've had in a long time. We started off with the fried calamari ($9.95) which was very tasty. Nice and crisp, and very flavorful. For the girls we split an order of the salmon ($14.95), which you can get either grilled or blackened. We went with grilled. It came with a side of vegetables and some penne pasta. They seemed to like it, and the bites I had were good. My wife ordered the crab ravioli ($17.95) which she liked, and the bite I had was excellent. For me, I went with the ciopino ($17.95). I've had a craving for some good ciopino for a while now, and its finally be fulfilled. The broth was tasty, and was loaded full of fish, clams, mussels, and an octopus. It was also served with a couple pieces of garlic bread which was perfect for dipping. The service was very attentive and friendly. Beware though, that the place is small and fills up fast so reservations are recommended. If you are in the Monterey area and looking for some great seafood, definitely go check out Monterey's Fish House.
2 comments:
Been to Monterey's Fish House? Please tell us your thoughts.
I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium today, and for dinner went to Monterey's Fish House. Let me just say it was the best meal I've had in a long time. We started off with the fried calamari ($9.95) which was very tasty. Nice and crisp, and very flavorful. For the girls we split an order of the salmon ($14.95), which you can get either grilled or blackened. We went with grilled. It came with a side of vegetables and some penne pasta. They seemed to like it, and the bites I had were good. My wife ordered the crab ravioli ($17.95) which she liked, and the bite I had was excellent. For me, I went with the ciopino ($17.95). I've had a craving for some good ciopino for a while now, and its finally be fulfilled. The broth was tasty, and was loaded full of fish, clams, mussels, and an octopus. It was also served with a couple pieces of garlic bread which was perfect for dipping. The service was very attentive and friendly. Beware though, that the place is small and fills up fast so reservations are recommended. If you are in the Monterey area and looking for some great seafood, definitely go check out Monterey's Fish House.
Post a Comment